Instagram for Your Salon Suite
Instagram is a social media platform that allows users to share pictures, videos, and live-stream. Instagram’s main objective is to connect people and businesses all over the world. Individuals and organizations use Instagram for many purposes such as to buy and sell items, social research, brand awareness, advertising, and to keep in contact with friends and family. Being a salon owner, it is vital to keep up with what is trending. Instagram is one of the fastest growing social media platforms. Instagram is the perfect platform for beauty professionals as it gives them an outlet to display their talent while also building and sharing their brand. Here are 3 tips to master your salons’ Instagram. Let’s get started!
3 Tips to help your Salon’s Instagram
1.What to post?
- Before and after… Before and after pictures are a great way to showcase your talent. The picture shows the transformation that took place under your care.
- Step by step hair tutorials… These will make your salon seem up to date about industry trends while also highlighting your unique abilities
- Beauty tips… Display how knowledgeable you are about your craft and help build your credibility.
- Inspirational quotes… Everyone needs a little inspiration to get them through the day. Spreading positive messages will attract individuals to your page.
- Creative styles and colors… Showing creative style and hair colors will exhibit your skill set and make you stand out.
- Beauty products… We are all looking for the next best beauty product but with all the different products to try it is difficult to tell which products are good for us. Having a beauty professional endorse a product will give you and the product credibility.
- Promotions, specials, and contests… Sharing special events on Instagram is a great way to increase engagement while hosting promotion and contests gives users an incentive to follow your account.
- Behind the scenes… Showcase your workspace in a way clients wouldn’t see when they come in for a regular visit. Allow followers to really see your salon’s personality by posting pictures of employees having fun at work.
Example of before and after photo
2. Taking/ Selecting a picture
- Background… Be sure that you have a great backdrop. The background should be clean, simple, and neat. You don’t want the background to take away the focus from whatever you are showcasing.
- Lighting… Lighting is everything! It plays a vital role in how a picture turns out. Make sure you have good lighting even if you have to setup your own photoshoot space in your salon. Have your clients step outside to get a shot of their new style in the natural lighting.
- Angles… Take multiple pictures at different angles. People and items look different at different angles so you will need to find the most flattering one for each image.
- Be creative… Select an image that is unique to your salon and showcases your personality and talents. Experiment with black and white images that are different and still show off your client’s new style.
Examples of good natural lighting and use of angles
3. How to draw users to your page?
- Hashtags… Hashtags are an awesome way to gain new followers. People use hashtags to find topics that they are interested in.
- Contests… Are a good way to gain attention and followers. Make part of the contest rules to tag 3 friends for the chance to win a product, which will attract more people to your page.
- Tag…Be sure to tag your clients in your pictures you post. This gives them incentives to repost and tag you back, which will help give you more exposure.
- Follow back… When people follow your page make sure to follow them back and engage with them by liking and commenting on their posts. This will make them more inclined to return the favor.
- Geotag… Use geotags to attract individuals from the area you want to reach.
- Business page… Be sure to have your salon’s Instagram set up as a business page. The business page will empower you to view analytics on your views and followers. This information will help you understand your audience better and improve your post.
Don’t forget to post fun videos like this one that showcases your abilities and attracts attention to your page!
Did this tips help you master Instagram? If you want more social media tips, check this out!