How to Drive Traffic to Your Salon’s Social Media Account?
We live in a world driven by social media. Social media is individuals way of staying connected to their friends, family, as well as their favorite businesses and brands. In this digital age, it is vital for salons to have a social media accounts. Unfortunately, it is not enough to just have an account the salons target clients and potential clients must want to visit and follow the page. Many salon owners struggle with the getting customers to view and engage with their social media pages. For customer and potential customers to view the page it needs to be interactive, informative, interesting, and fun. Here are five ways to aid in driving traffic to your salon’s social media accounts.
5 Tips to Increase Social Media traffic
- Contest and Giveaways… People love to get free beauty products and winning stuff. For example, offering a free hair cut or a bundle of beauty products to someone who likes/follows your page and repost the contest rules. Will help give increase web traffic, attract new visitor to your page, and gain exposure to potential clients.
- Promotions…Promotions such as discounts off products or services or group deals is an awesome way to inform your customers on different opportunities they have to save. Some customers thrive off getting a discount on beauty products or services. They are always looking for ways to make their disposal income stretch. So, offering deals and discounts exclusively through Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter is a great way to encourage customers and potential customers to follow the salon’s page. For example, encourage girls day out or give mom a break. All moms get 10% off any service and if you and two frees get $10 dollars off a mani/pedi.
- Incentives word of mouth… Word of mouth is everything to a salon, therefore, encouraging customers to share, retweet, or tag your salon in a post is essential. People look at social media as a referral in a sense, when they see a friend or family member post about a product, service, place, or event it builds credibility for that company or destination. So offer your customer 10% off every time they share, retweet, or tag the salon in one of their posts. The more individuals that hear about your salon the better.
- Show off your salon’s talent… By showcase your salon’s talent you will drive customers not only to the page but to the salon doors. A good way to display your salon’s talent is to post before and after pictures. People are amazed by the transformation that takes place from before people walk through the door and after. This shows customers your salon’s unique skill set and range of talent. Another way to showcase your salon’s talent is by posting how to videos. People are always trying to learn how to do the latest trends. How to videos are a fabulous way to get drive customers and potential to your salon’s page
- Tags. One of the most important ways to generate traffic is to add hashtags and geotags. Hashtags are a way for individuals to look their interest on social media. Geotags will near the search down to ideas and people in their area.
Can you implement some of our social media tips to grow your salon business? Let us know how you incorporate some tips and use our hashtag #salonsuitesal to show off your work!
Ready to become a salon owner? Head over to our concept page to learn more.